I would not label the flick particularly energetic or insightful, but I did learn some important vocab words:
- Turntablist: A kind of DJ who understands record albums cannot just be stuck onto a record player and left unattended.
- Digging: DJs on the prowl for the good beats. Most of the time, the good beats are on records in the basement of the record store.
- Break: Some good beats.
- Clarinet: Instrument a lot of DJs played in fourth grade.
- Crew: Like a band, except everybody plays the turntable. Most crewz likely comin up short. They cannot afford to buy a vowel. For example, the Invisibl Skratch Piklz.
- U gots 2 B what U drop: Rule to live by.
- Routine: The song played by a Battle DJ at a DJ contest.
- Your DJ Name: It's gotta represent. Alliteration goes over well, like Mix Master Mike and Cut-Chemist. Others are just kewl, like Q-Bert or Afrika Bambaataa or DJ Shortee.