Me and My iPhone

Good bye Verizon. Say hello to my little friend.

Tom cleverly selected the least-cool apple store location and shuttlecocked over there in the am. Flawless planning resulted in the victorious capture of two devices. Tom ripped the wrapper off his magical new iPhone and spent the rest of the day loading up his contacts and organizing them with single-minded vigor.

My contacts, calendar and address book remain in despicable disarray. My unruly fingers derailed all the best intentions. Tragically, I found myself riding on the iPhone short bus.

I did manage to amuse myself endlessly flipping through my album covers and zooming in on web pages, a cravable trick Andrew clued us into late in the day. It was like catching lightening in a bottle. Too bad I had already sprained my distal
phalanges pursuing a lot of fruitless screen poking, which is my first-line ploy for overcoming every manner of iphone pickle.


Yah! We have iphones!



Technorati technorati tags: , , ,

Comments

Tom said…
I have to say I'm really impressed with in. It's exactly what I expected from Apple. Easy to use. Simple to setup. Elegant UI.

Once I ensure I don't have any old contacts left on my motorola v710 which after much hype when it came out two years ago (sorta had email, sorta managed pics, sorta had a browser, sorta could connect to Verizons web, sorta had custom ring tones, sorta had bluetooth,... and a camera that SUCKED unless you were standing pretty close to the sun for lighting) I'm going to smash it with a hammer.

Now I don't have to buy music from my old phone company, don't have to buy into a data plan that worked with some shitty Brew browser and struggle trying to figure out how to use email on that piece of garbage that cost us something like $200 each when a month later free phones were doing the same thing but much better.

Goodbye Verizon/Motorola. Hello iPhone!