NaBloPoMo-NOT - NaBloPoMo Day 2. Or maybe (No)NaBloPoMo Day 2

This post acknowledges the commencement of NaBloPoMo - National Blog Post Month. It used to be a big thing. Or it was a big thing back in the day when I actually took actual time engaging with the blogging community.

Then all my blogger friends slowly vanished like white shoes after Labor Day. Lots of very fine people have a blog for a while and then one day you visit their dusty page and it has been hacked by the Chinese and infects your computer with malware.

But this year marks the end of an era. There is no more official NaBloPoMo. The leader of the whole shebang quit year before last, I guess. Someone stepped up in 2017 but afterwards, she did a little survey and most bloggers were not into the whole post-a-day-for-30-days thing.

It's a time-suck, they said. Too much pressure. Too much chance of failure. Why don't we do something easier so we can all succeed, they wondered.

I'm sorry, but that's the whole point - to do something risky and push yourself. That's what makes an achievement an achievement. I could not be less on board with taking away the prize because some people want participation trophies.

So Long Live NaBloPoMo -- underground style. I'll call in NoNaBloPoMo
If you're a blogger who is with me, let me know!

Comments