Warhol at the Whitney x2 - (No)NaBloPoMo Day 23

Went back to the Warhol exhibit at the Whitney for round 2 with my entourage. Mom and Dad decided to pop into the city for the weekend. 

Except Mom has a concussion and should not be exposed to flashing lights or quick movements and so our visit was punctuated by my brother texting with health tips. He's had like 19 concussions so he's familiar with the ground rules. He suggested we cover mom's eyes. That makes the visual arts somewhat less interesting, but we did forego Andy's movies out of an abundance of caution. I say an abundance of caution because I watched one of the movies the last time I was at the exhibit. Nothing much happens during these movies.

The introduction to the exhibit.

Cool! The original screen for the flowers.
Collaboration with Jean-Michel Basquiat

The second Basquat joint effort.

Now this was a danger zone for the concussed.

Andy into skulls in the 70s.
Definitely ahead of his time.


I love these shoes. I saw them all at the University of Washington in the 90's.
Loved 'em then, still think they're great.

A bouquet in a shoe.
Another shoe drops.



Comments