Home for the Holidays : A Sensitive Exploration into the Inner Lives of Meanie Ass Grandparents

The story goes that when Omas* and his wife and kids flew the whole way to England for a visit with the British in-laws, it was a busy time of year for the old birds. Banging around inside their big house in the shire. Yet despite busy schedules, grandpa took the trouble to set up a tent in the backyard for his daughter and her family.

But this is the part I like the best. About the mini-fridge. Set up so the Omas family wouldn't get their food mixed up with grandma and grandpa's.

Points for handy camping know-how. Never underestimate a red-coat, I guess.



*Name changed because otherwise my mom would get pissed off.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL...oh gosh I think we all have grandparent/holiday tales, don't we? Funny how you can be so completely different from the people who raised you.

Mindy
http://afamilygoinggreen.blogspot.com/
Bob said…
Then there's the classic case, immortalized on "Seinfeld" of the Florida dwelling old folks who don't use air conditioning - Michelle and I experienced a version of this with my Mom.