A Triptych of Incidents that Happened Outside The Blue Store

In a move which hindsight would label really ill-advised, I decided to film a poster of "The Boys from Israel" hanging in the entrance to the Blue Store on 8th Avenue. At the time I thought it would really spice up my Lip Syncho de Mayo video because, although Jewish, these boys had some holy Jesus six-pack abs.

Unfortunately, the moment I hit "record" and started to roll film, two buff Chelsea boys blocked my shot when they stepped through the doorway. Their biceps bulged under all their tattoos. I was hit with twin full-on laser death stares. I popped on my lens cap and sprinted two blocks down the street. Luckily, they weren't following me, but if they had been, my plan was to vanish into the Payless Shoe Store, because no self-respecting Chelsea playa would ever be caught dead in there.

* * *

A couple weeks ago, at 8 o'clock in the morning, a stringy fellow in purple pants loitering out front The Blue Store asked Tom if he knew where he could find an all-night nightclub, and did Tom want to accompany him there.

Tom replied no, he was going to Murray's to get a bagel and a cup of coffee. Tom was especially polite, due to the blurb featured in the last issue of the Chelsea Now Police Blotter. The blurb told of a Blue Store customer who went into the restroom. Suddenly, a dude appeared in his stall and declared, "I'm a hustler." The customer said, "Fuck you get out of this stall." And then the hustler punched him in the face.

* * *

Across 8th Avenue from the Blue Store is another exotic shop called The Rainbow Junction. I also thought it was noteworthy, that one time we were walking uptown and suddenly, a guy comes sprinting like a bat out of hell from the Blue Store. He dashes straight into traffic-- taxis honking, squealing brakes-- crosses the street and disappears inside the Rainbow Junction.

Comments