Thunderbolts and Lightning at Lip Syncho de Mayo!

I thought taking on Billy Jean in 2009 was some kind of brinksmanship, but the Bohemian Rhapsody? Bite my spandex bewinged ass! Freddy Mercury is to lip synching what the Sally who met Harry is to orgasms. After I finally figured out Andrew was not dressed up as Aerodynamic Harry Houdini, I marveled at the sizable sack of balls required to tackle such a big Queen.

Finding the caliente in Andrew's 2012 magnum opus was like finding hay in a haystack. Here's my short list:

1) I liked the tufts of artisinal chest hair. I like it when a spandex unitard comes kitted out with a deep V-neck and ravenous fur.

Shot of Andrew's pre-show desk, courtesy of MJG.
2) What foxed me was the Beelzebub sidekick posse over on the side. They popped in like a demonic bold flash powerpoint animation.

3) I liked the stage swathed in darkness. It smelled like anticipation.

4) I liked the florescent aria and the cross-over fake piano spirochetes. Even Scaramouch would appreciate the general fandango.

5) Gymnastics. Suspenders. Mustache.

It was a spectacular junket well crafted by the titans of the lip synch. Although I still have no idea what that song is about.

Comments