Diary of a Geriatric Scarlet: November 13, 2050

We are patrons of the arts, my husband and I. Several times a week, we unload our postbox and see what the city has on offer.


I like to open up the envelopes with a slim golden letter opener while drinking my afternoon tea.
I already know what is inside. The fat envelopes are solicitations selling annual memberships and include lavish descriptions of member dining rooms and guest passes. The thin envelopes are notices of goings on one has already earned through one's prior patronage.

This evening we enjoyed a fun romp of a performance at the Manhattan Theater Club entitled Important Hats of the Twentieth Century. We approached the ticket window and I stated firmly, "We are Patrons." She waved us right through, the ticket woman.


NaBloPoMo November 2015

Comments