Stink Attack

When I open my car door, a whisper of yellowness seeps from the interior. After I get in, the stench blossoms into hardcore bad breath mixed with rot.

I have taken the following actions:
  1. Removed all the Cliff Bar and gum wrappers in the side pockets
  2. Thrown away every empty Propel bottle and coffee cup on the floor
  3. Evacuated the pieces of broken fax machine that have been strewn across the backseat for six months
  4. Aplogized profusely to anyone lucky enough to be my passenger
But the stink remains, undefatigable. My next step may be drastic. I may go to the carwash.

Comments

Tom said…
My guess from past sightings is that there is a doggy bag of Indian food is wedged under her seat. It's happened before.

This has happened before. On our first date we went out for Chinease. My car was in the shop so I borrowed my mother's new Acura for the evening as she was on vacation. One week later my mom calls wondering about a terrible stench eminating from her car. Stacey left behind Chicken in Black Bean Sauce.
Pfeif93 said…
Have you turned on your A/C recently? There is a drain, that when clogged, will dump water into your car (instead of leaving a snail trail on the street) The water then turns putrid(sp?).
I happened to me.
StaceyR said…
thanks for the tip, Mark. I like your explanation better than Tom's. Tom exagagerates and tinkers with the facts. Many people have mentioned as much.
Jennifer George said…
The car wash is for chumps!
StaceyR said…
Chumps! Yeah! That's where they use up all their change!
Bob said…
I think that this situation occurred on Seinfeld. Come to think of it, nearly everything in life can be found in some form in some episode of Seinfeld. Should we form a cult or something around it? We could celebrate Festivus and eat Beef-a-Roni and so on.
cattle said…
There are words in this blog entry that I don't understand. Stop challenging me.