Swedish Club Minutes 10-8-11

Meeting called to order at 16:30

Thanks more than much to Fredrick for hosting our club meeting yesterday evening, and it's not just the brännvin talking when I say it was a five-star crowd at a five-star venue.

For the first time, we had a quorum of norsk talare who kept busy removing the Rs from words. The Danes really need to pick up their game, as once again, Allan was our sole red and white flag waver. Luckily that flag he has is pretty big and he's got excellent wrist strength.

Aside from the mountaineers attempting to summit the building next door, the risk of bodily harm was kept to a minimum throughout the evening. The same cannot be said of the little kid's birthday party on the other side of the courtyard wall which, judging from the shrieking, was a snakepit of Machiavellian antics.

I can't even remember how many cute little chocolate pies and hallon cupcakes I managed to put away. All I know is I collected a sizable pile of toothpick flags and I know I wasn't the only one. Thanks much for your baking prowess, Haley!

Thanks again to everyone who came and I look forward to seeing you next time, even if Leah will not be in attendance because she's ditching us for a friend's wedding. (we'll miss you!)

Meeting adorned 23:30

Comments