My Magical Week

So far, in 2013:

Campbell Apartment
  • With no introductory small talk of any kind, I informed two strangers at the very fancy Campbell Apartment on 42nd Street that I have nightmares about losing my cell phone. Both muttered sympathetically and may have considered patting me on the shoulder had I not darted off with their cocktail menu.
  • I heard a distinguished gentleman call a mouse in a mouse competition an "ivory satin buck" and describe this mouse as being "racy," "manly," "hairy of foot," and "in lovely condition."
  • A client mentioned he once was arrested for pushing a wrecked Suburban SUV over the border in Tijuana.
  • I met three random Italians and said to each the only Italian phrase I know: "The chair is upholstered in corduroy." One was impressed, two were not.
  • Over some Caribbean chicken, a doctor we know brought us up to speed on his latest research investigating the impact of penis size amongst gay and bisexual men. I fucking love science.
  • I asked someone how to say, "non-raping tranny pirates" in Swedish.

Comments

sparkles said…
And ?? The scientific benefit of said doctor's study?
StaceyR said…
... Not entirely sure. Something to do with charting the spread of HIV. To be frank and demonstrate my superficial fascination with penisery pursuits in general, most of my questions concerned study methodology and fire island factoids. Plus it was 2am and there was bourbon.