We need to store some wax heads

 Tom and I are watching Hacks. We're not done with Season 1, and I'm happy to report I'm not bored yet. I get bored extremely fast. So I guess this is quite the recommendation in my world.


It's a pretty good show!

Anyhoo, at one point the young writer and I forget what her name is... so... maybe this recommendation of mine bears taking with some salt. But the young writer drunk-dials the boss and leaves a dumbass voicemail message. 

Ok now I'm rethinking this whole recommendation thing and contemplating some additional decision-making factors. Is it believable, the whole young writer leaving a voice mail message (or two)? 

The young writer is twenty five. Would she even know how to talk on the phone? I guess FaceTiming requires talking but all I've ever been privy to Gen Z doing anything but texting. In fact, I hear they make fun of you if you even voice dictate your texts, which frankly I do all the time.

*In my defense*, so do many of my fellow New York City Gen Xers while walking around. Once recently I heard a guy walking down 17th Street trying to text an evil laugh. He was so irritated at how this evil laugh of his kept getting transcribed. I don't know what he was going for, but he kept laughing evilly, looking at his phone, grimacing, deleting and trying again. I was behind him for half a block and this was ongoing for the entire distance.

This blog post is not going as planned.

So the young writer leaves a drunken voicemail and then she has to delete it before the boss sees it. A deletion effort is possible because the boss is getting a face lift and is therefore down for the count. The boss is, by the way, a famous standup comedienne, maybe along the lines of Joan Rivers or that ilk.

The young writer swipes the boss's phone and tries many different pass codes and none of them work. Spoiler alert I guess.

The young writer is about to give up but then a friend of hers comes up with a genius idea: Go to the wax museum and unlock the phone using the boss's wax face! 

At this point in the show, Tom looks over at me and says....we should get a couple of wax heads made of us, you know so in case something happens and our next of kin need to unlock our phones.

Tom and I discuss putting our wax heads in a box for storage because it would be creepy if they were in the living room. 

At some point we decide it probably would be easier to just write down our pass codes and put them in a drawer.

Comments