Let's hear it for New York New York New York

Let's hear it for NYC.

David was talking about how excited he was to move to San Diego when he retired (granted from Miami, he's never lived here) and Bruce is all about Spain and Helen and Matt are looking to cruise in the Caribbean for a couple years and rent out their place in Harlem. Sometimes (ok, often) this town is a rough place to be, to work, to just deal with. 

And then you have a week like I just had. Maria was in from Stockholm and we took this city by storm. 

For example, on Thursday evening, on the way to the train, I took this golden photo and that's kind of when my whole OMG I will never leave this place kicked in full gear:

Not even sure what caption to write.
This view shows the site of where the WTC used to be if you weren't aware.

I mean, literally two hours earlier:

Hanging in the park by the river watching the sunset and Leela James and
objects are much closer than they appear in the viewfinder,
I just feel the need to mention.



This is after seeing some of the best art in the world at the Met, the best dance in the world at the Joyce, the best clumps of old stuffed animals made into mobiles in the world at MoMA:


Mobiles made from stuffed animals.
I love how people's brains work sometimes.



So yeah when we saw Hell's Kitchen last night about Alicia Keys (loosely) growing up thirty blocks from where I'm typing right now:




I had a moment not gonna lie. 

Click here to start the Empire State of Mind video at the spot that gets me every time:  https://youtu.be/vk6014HuxcE?si=PHALXauFOU936CiN&t=197

I just need to remember this when getting my ass kicked on Monday morning by the best of the best who take no prisoners as a general rule.


whole video is here:




Comments