Three Random Things Driving into the City today

First random thing transpired while we were whipping up Hudson Street in surprising very little traffic considering the rush hour situation. Tom and I had just had a good laugh listening to Casey Newton on the Hard Fork podcast. I think Casey is so fucking funny. 

Kevin Roose had been recounting that after he did a story where he tried to befriend AI Chatbots and turn them evil, the chatbots had apparently started to dislike him and give uncharitable descriptions of him, such as responding that Kevin is "unethical" when compared to most reporters.

Kevin enlisted some firm to fix his AI reputation and they gave him a line of code,  he put it on his website and somewhat later, the AI Chatbots were glowing in their assessments.

Casey said it kind of sounded like Kevin had bought a spell from some witches. Like a chatbot love spell. I thought it was hilarious. While I was cackling, a guy in his car comes whipping out of a side street and turns left going the wrong direction down the bike line on a big one-way street.

Tom beeped at him and he gave us some major stink eye but yeah. He'll probably figure out why he was getting beeped at sooner or later. Hopefully before he runs over a biker. 

Tom and I discussed how you get yourself out of this predicament. I guess he's going to have to drive the wrong way down the bike lane until he can make a right turn.... Or back up I guess but yeah. Predicament. Bet he wishes he could buy a spell from some witches.


Second random thing is that when we drove by the restaurant where everyone who works there knows Tom's name... it's his own personal Cheers... Tom states that he thought the head waiter guy had seen him. Tom said his guy looked up just as we were driving by. Tom then declared that he needed to run down there and have some pizza. 

After he came back, I asked Tom if his guy had in fact seen him. Tom said no. He had not.


Third random thing is that this African Violet I got from Bob's funeral is blooming:

African Violet I got at Uncle Bob's funeral

Made me smile.

Comments