Diary of a Geriatric Scarlet: November 30, 2050

My heavens, time flies. Thirty #NaBloPoMo days gone in a snap of the gnarled fingers. Should I live to see November next, alevai, you may see me here on these pages again. If you should desire a reprise, please contact me visa vis the interwebs. Google+ or Twitter mayhaps at StaceyRi. Positive feedback will be taken as a good sign.

A friend of mine once said when you're retired, somehow going to the post office can take all day. I would reframe his sentiment: When you're retired, somehow getting around to the good stuff can take longer than a month.

I had intended to view a foreign film at MoMA ... some arty classic that inspired Ingmar Bergman or Stanley Kubrick. I had intended to nestle into one of those dim and timeless under-the-museum theaters the entire day, perhaps. Such is the joy of a wizened old dilettante such as myself.

photocredit: http://www.centurysafaris.com/
hyenas-of-africa-the-truth-about-the-cackling/
I had intended to dress up as natty as Iris Apfel and sit on a bench waiting for the Humans of New York guy to espy and interview me.

I had intended to spend a morning hunting rare books in the stacks at Argosy on East 59th.

I had intended to donate two hyena muffs to the Morbid Anatomy Museum.

I had intended to get my flea on. I have my sights set on a passel of limoge, some Omamori and Engimono. I wish to line up my treasures in glass cases by color.

I wanted to teach the young to dance with unrepentant joy.

So much I failed to accomplish in my #NaBloPoMo month. So much I leave for the future.
NaBloPoMo November 2015

Comments