Diary of a Geriatric Scarlet: November 2, 2050

Taking my coffee in the morning is a great pleasure, one that I lavish with attention. And when I say “morning” I mean some point before the crack of noon. One should never arise before one has fully decided to do so.

I enjoy a coffee cup of fine china, with a saucer. Mugs are for those who multi-task. I do not multi-task.
 
My cup and saucer preference is a china pattern dominated by deep midnight blues. In the foreground, I like a menagerie of slender nocturnal forest creatures.


Years ago, I favored a Flo Blue cup and saucer. This I had taken up after Willow Ware lost its allure. The Wedgewoods and the Delftwares and the Spodes … simply don’t have the heft. Tiny flowerish porcelain is at odds with the massive scale of both my library and my arthritis.

#NaBloPoMo

NaBloPoMo November 2015

Comments