Diary of a Geriatric Scarlet: November 4, 2050

Today I felt the need for a cape. A tawny cashmere cape with fur lining.  Most often, when I need something, I find I already own it. But I do not own a tawny cashmere cape. So after lunch, I ventured out to see about finding one.

I tapped down the hall with my cane and poked the elevator button with the rubber tip. I dislike germs on my finger. Indeed I am making the button germ situation worse with compressed floor dirt, but when there is no one there to see, I do as I like.


When I gimp onto a public elevator, I make a great wobbly show of it. Then I poke my floor button and the “door closed” button repeatedly with the tip of my cane. People look askance, but no one says anything. I’m old and I can get away with it. So I do as I like.



NaBloPoMo November 2015

Comments