On top of a mouse chassis

I don't know why Daniel Kitson doesn't wear velour trousers. I think he would relish velour. He reminds me of the kind of guy who would appreciate an excellent soft pant.

During Mouse, Daniel Kitson's latest one-man show, don't get me wrong, his attire was perfectly serviceable. He looked comfortable. He's just so uncomfortable.

I like Daniel Kitson. I want him to be happy.

If this Mouse show were a painting, I'd say it would be this painting by Paul Klee:


I'm imagining Paul Klee had just broken out a fresh canvas and dabbed some red on his brush, maybe to mix it on his palette, but no. There came a gigantic red drip, right in the middle of the composition. 

Klee steps back from his easel and stares and stares and stares. Against impossible odds, he makes a painting that looks like it was supposed to have a giant red hypnotic dot in the middle of it.

And so I imagine Kitson with this mouse thread of a story. He's a little spectrum-y so he's stuck with it. And then he manages to fabricate this whole show on top of a weird-ass mouse chassis. 

I loved it.




Here's the other post I wrote about a Kitson show: here

Comments