Tom, On Peas

I have laryngitis. The upshot is that Tom gets to chat with himself during dinner.

Tom: "I hated peas growing up. But they were canned peas. Very weird texture. Also not a good color."

Tom: "And the name. PEAS. What kid is going to eat PEAS?"

Tom: "They'd have more luck if they called peas something else. Something like ... Green Balls. I'd call them Green Balls."

Me: (WTF look)

Tom: "Ok maybe Green Balls is not the best name. How about Green Goblins? or Sargent Squishies. It would be better if they were crunchy because Crunchy is great in a name. Except Captain Crunch is already taken."

Tom: "I'm going to single-handedly rebrand peas. I'd like to see them in the cereal aisle. Although if peas were in the cereal aisle, they'll probably wind up coated in high fructose corn syrup."

Tom: "What are peas, by the way? A legume? A bean? I need to look this up."

photocredit:
https://summerharvestnc.com/petite-sweet-green-peas.html

Comments