Going around ma'aming people - (No)NaBloPoMo Day 5

Today I became annoyed while stuffed into an MRI machine. At the part where you need to hold your breath, the technician kept saying, "Ok, ma'am..." He must have "Ok ma'am'ed" me something approaching 20 times.

This was not some random patient drive by. That technician and I were like best buddies. How could we not be chummy after spending at least an hour of quality time together?

I know he knew my name because he made me verify it while they were weighing me with my coat and boots on.

The good news is that maintaining a baseline level of annoyance is very distracting. It can make you forget that you've been sucked into a fancy electric straw that is aggressively beeping at you.


Maybe distraction was his plan all along and I should thank him for the clever patient-centric ploy.

Comments