Cards Against Humanity Snafu - NaBloPoMo Day 24

I think we have every set of Cards Against Humanity. Someone gave us the first few sets as a gift and then we bought a couple and then we got a few more as gifts. We have boxes and boxes. It's important that this be fully realized, because it's my main excuse.

We have a pile of loosely child-friendly cards haphazardly jammed in a box lid. We break them out when we play with the niece, nephews, grandma and grandpa. These games are hilarious. The kids go giddy with laughter. One time Jack laughed so hard he went airborne. When he came back down, his little tushy crashed right through the bottom of a plastic lawn chair and he still has a scar. In other words, this is the perfect game for Thanksgiving family fun.

However. As most know, neither Tom or I are known for our spectacular attention to detail. For example, today I inadvertently picked up the wrong box of cards for our game. Instead of the box of cards censored for the kids, I picked up a different one.

It could have been a whole lot worse. I had a suspicion there might have been a mistake made when I got the "a slightly shittier parallel universe" card and Jack gave himself hiccups when he won a round after playing "That Ass."

Grandma's eyebrows drilled through her forehead moments later. She clocked me on the forehead with two cards on the smutty side. She said, "I do not want to have to explain to anyone what these mean."

Fast as lightening, I switched out the one box for the other box, but any cards people had in their hands remained in play.

The next round, the question is, "No matter what, Anderson Cooper spends fifteen minutes every day with.... (blank)."

Someone played "The Chronic."

Ella wants to know what this is.

Tom, Mary and I search each other's eyes for the right way to go about the explanation. Grandma jumps right in, "It's like heart disease or diabetes," she says. "Or like grandpa and his high cholesterol."

That'll do.



Comments