Practically Swiss - NaBloPoMo Day 23

Last week, Tom says he wishes his jeans were shorter in the legs, but he can't figure out where to get them hemmed. 

I say go to the dry cleaner we always go to for pant hemming. 

He says he does not want his jeans to look like they're hemmed. If the bottom seam isn't there, his jeans will look like denim slacks. That would be horrifying. Jeans should not look like denim slacks. 

I say she has a trick, that old lady in the dry cleaner. She cuts off the bottom seam, clips a couple inches off the pant leg and then sews the bottom seam right back on. She’s fucking ingenious. I show him my jeans she hemmed and they definitively do not look like denim slacks.  

Ten minutes later, Tom comes out of the bedroom wearing his too-long jeans, with another pair of jeans slung over his shoulder. 

He says, “see how efficient I am? I’m going to wear these long jeans down to the dry cleaner. Then after the old lady does her measurements, I’m going to take them off and put on these other jeans. I’m practically Swiss.”  


Comments