The Adrenal Years - NaBloPoMo Day 21

We were out to dinner with Wanda and Derek and I mentioned probably my favorite TV show ever. The entire show was one camera angle. Just a video camera sitting there. In a pen with a whole bunch of puppies. And in the back of the pen was an old school TV playing music videos.

So you'd watch the music videos, but mostly you were watching the puppies doing puppy things and climbing around on the TV. It was great. It was on from maybe 3:30AM to 5. I watched it all the time. Wanda and Derek both agreed it sounded like terrific television.

Tom calls 2000-2002 'the adrenal years.' I had two adrenal glands back then, one of them going full throttle 24/7. Basically this amounted to not sleeping much. I got a lot done, but the neighbors didn't like me. There's only so many nights they'll stand for someone being up at 4am drilling holes in boards and hanging up shelves or something.

So I started watching a lot of Fuse TV. They had this "Up All Night" programming. Perfect for those of us with adrenal tumors and also I suspect meth addicts.

A few years later, after me and my overly enthusiastic adrenal gland parted ways, Up All Night held onto its allure. At midnight, Pants Off Dance Off came on.



So Awkward.

One time I was up taking in a Pants Off Dance Off marathon. I perked up when I heard the song choice - Galvanized by the Chemical Brothers. A great adrenal-friendly music choice. And guess who the pancer is? It's this guy who lives around the corner. I was over his place once or twice to play the bass with his band.

Shake it, neighbor guy.

Comments