NaBloMoPo Day 22: Super Spirographs and Two Bars in Midtown

I just got back from:

  1. Happy Hour at a bar near Penn Station
  2. Really good tacos right across the street from the Harry Potter broadway show
  3. A bar with a bartender that Andy knew from when this bartender worked at a different bar which unfortunately burned down
But I'm not going to discuss this agenda or mingling with tourists in midtown at all. I'm going to talk about Super Spirographs. Remember when we made cool drawings that looked like this:

Super Spirograph like I used to make when I was a kid.
Photocredit: https://blog.solidsignal.com/news/fun-and-games/fun-friday-inspirograph/

Except my mom found a box of my early works of art in the basement. Including this:

Obviously one of my finer super spirographs
worthy of keeping for decades.

Yeah. Ok. Maybe my memory is not a dead ringer. As another proof point on the memory situation, I was chatting with a woman at the first bar we went to tonight, and then later, another woman started talking to me who looked pretty similar. So I thought it was the same person and I asked the second woman if she'd had an outfit change. She gave me a really funny look and said, no. She had not undergone an outfit change.

While I was searching around for a cool Super Spirograph image, I discovered this amazing website whereby you can waste hours and never have to go to a bar and mix people up and then look confused and change the subject and hope no one remembers in the morning.



Comments