NaBloPoMo Day 3: Weekend Highlights - Fountain Pen Ink and Vegan Restaurants

Most critically, I went down to the Fountain Pen Hospital and bought three different kinds of fountain pen ink. Here's one of them. What a nifty bottle, right?

Fountain Pen Ink I bought at the Fountain Pen Hospital

Given how much the fountain pen store guy helped me work through my ink indecision angst, I'm not even going to worry that I saw this ink for $5 less on Amazon OR that the same exact day I was in the store, the Fountain Pen Hospital was running an online 20% off special I found out about later.

These guys at the Fountain Pen Hospital are fountain pen Nerds with a capital N. When you can capture their attention with wild hand gestures and your outside voice, they are also happy to wait on you.

The guy I ensnared told me not to buy the Mont Blanc ink. He gave me this advice for some reason I half couldn't hear and half couldn't understand. The Mont Blanc ink was $10 more, so some shekel saved there. The guy also told me to avoid the very alluring sparkly ink which he said would ruin my pen. I was all set to buy it, so he saved me the cost of a pen.

And bonus, when I went to the check-out counter clutching my ink bootie, another gentleman complemented me on the colors of my outfit. Granted, it was a fairly stellar outfit, but it's always nice to hear this from others, especially the gentleman working the register at the fountain pen store.

Later that same evening, we went out to eat with Bruce and Bernardo at a vegan restaurant. Turns out Bernardo is a fountain pen fan. Good to know! 

We went out to another vegan restaurant last night with Corrine and Alin. I mean, if you leave the restaurant reservations solely up to me, especially if you text that you're up for one of my adventures, I will cater to my own interests.

Also, I wore a fur coat to the vegan restaurant. Both nights. I have nine in my closet inherited from my grandmother. It would be a shame not to wear them. And I eat vegan, so I make up for it. That might sound like an apologia, but actually it's information provided simply for context.

Comments