NaBloPoMo Day 30! I just want to thank...

This is NaBloPoMo Year 4 in the bag. In this last post, I usually feel like I have to sum up the goings on with a neat ending that ties up all the loose ends.

Unfortunately that is unlikely -- if you've read more than 1.5 posts in this blog, you already knew that. This place is not where you go for any kind of story arc. Most days of my life are very similar to the one I had today:

In October, I bought a 10 pound bag of fava beans on Amazon. Before I clicked Buy, I did one of the Ask Amazon questions. I asked the shoppers of Amazon if the fava beans in question were already shelled.

A fellow shopper replied they were shelled.

The shoppers of Amazon cannot be trusted.

I believed the shopper, ordered the beans and a week ago, I made a batch. They came out kinda crunchy. Because the fava beans? Not shelled.

I made another batch today. I'll just eat the fuckers. The shells probably have lots of fiber and most Americans are woefully short of fiber. People are all worried about getting enough protein, they should worry more about getting more fiber.

See? No story arc. That's how my month went down.

But I did have a fun virtual brunch today with Tom and Darcey and Kent and Matt and Helen. Helen's phone ran out of batteries so we had to wrap things up on the quick side.

Just like I'm gonna do here.

Thank you and goodnight!

Comments