NaBloPoMo Day 13 : Matt in Magnolia Bakery

Matt was standing in line in Magnolia Bakery. In a suit. He had just come from work.
He rustled around in his messenger bag to find his glasses because the cupcake label font size is on the small side.



Suddenly the woman in front of him in line whips around and says, "I'll take my phone back now."

"Do you want me to take your picture?" replies Matt. He's genuinely confused.

"No," says the woman. "My backpack is open and my phone is missing." She has a foreign tourist accent and a very strident tone.

"Wait," Matt says. "You think I stole your phone?" Matt does not have a foreign accent, he lives up the street and he has not taken her phone.

The woman is there with her husband who attempts to defuse the rapidly igniting situation. He is semi-successful.

Matt says, "Is your ringer turned on? What's your phone number, I'll call you."

Meanwhile the woman rustles around in her backpack and eventually pulls out her phone. The husband pulls his wife out of line and they go outside and have a fight.

Matt gets his cupcakes and goes home.



Matt's day was a whole lot more interesting than my day today. You're welcome.

Comments