NaBloPo Day 28: My brother cheats at game of spoons after Thanksgiving Dinner

Earlier this morning before Thanksgiving dinner with the fambo, we'd been pitching cards like they did in the Bronx back in the day.

Pitching cards with Grandpa

No Tips, No Tops - Dad's rules.



Pitching cards turned into all of us throwing cards at each other. How could it not, honestly? The battle royale ended when Ella hid behind a balance ball and pretty much scooped up all the ammo. Also someone flung a 7 of hearts dangerously close to an eyeball.

And that is how there happened to be about 19 decks of cards scattered all over the carpet.

After dinner, I collected enough cards from the carpet for a good-sized deck and dealt for a game of spoons. It was me, Tom, Grandma, Jack, Ella and my brother.

At some point, Tom looks over and sees my brother blatantly cheating. Totally nonchalantly, he is picking through heaps of unused cards strewn around nearby.  My brother (also known as "dad" to two of the players in the group) was pulling out 4s of a kind and stashing them under his leg.

Tom calls him out on it.

And it's just funny.
Really funny.
We laughed and laughed.

Comments