Growing my own crops of smoothie NaBloPoMo 21

 

Purslane in the Aerogarden

When I first got the Aerogarden, I'd weigh the crops I harvested for amortization purposes. For example:


Amortization Schedule.

Look, of course it should have been a spreadsheet and the micro green reference prices of course should be footnoted but I'm busy and that's just how it is.

Then I started growing Purslane instead of random lettuces and you can't even buy purslane in the store most of the time, making it, you know, priceless. So I stopped keeping track. It was getting onerous anyway.

Purslane is "a tasty weed that is loaded with nutrients." And right?! It is tasty. Also, as I know from prior harvests, (see above) I can and have harvested 100 grams for one full serving size. I am practically a farmer. I said to Tom maybe we should write off our house as an agricultural zone.

Tom wasn't into it. He reminded me my eighth grade math teacher went to jail for declaring his house was a church and not paying any taxes for long enough the IRS caught on to the split level not a church scheme.

So ok, I'll content myself with my hobby farm.

Comments