It *would* actually be a troublesome name for a dog - NaBloPoMo 25

 

It is pretty to hike in autumn!

Me, Mom and Dad went out for a short hike yesterday. In a very small world moment, coming the other direction down the trail, was somebody I knew and her boyfriend and their dog. So crazy when shit like that happens.

Introductions all around: Mom and Dad, this is Kathy, this is Karl, and Karl says, And this is my dog.... 

I drop off at that moment because I'm exclaiming to Kathy wow, what a crazy coincidence and she's explaining maybe not so much, Karl actually lives nearby.

My attention swivels back to the conversation Dad is having with Karl when Dad says, "Help must be a troublesome name for your dog... like if you're calling for her yelling Help! Help! -- How often do rescue workers arrive?"

Karl interrupts, "Her name is HOPE, not HELP"

Mom looks over at me like, ya see? I told you his hearing was going.


Comments